Monday, August 17, 2009


Whoo...! This past weekend was nuts, I was so busy there was no time for relaxation. Friday night my best friend and had worked on outlining our book. Yes, we are writing a book and it is going to be AMAZING! We were having a blast bouncing ideas off each other, finishing each other's sentences and getting chills when everything started clicking together perfectly! When it got dark, we switched gears by watching The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008) on the family room wall as our own personal theater!

On Saturday Morning, we spent the day in the hot August sun watching my sister, Megan march in a parade (she's on the dance line). From the church the parade started to the place we were sitting somewhere in the middle of the parade route, it took the band (and okay, everything else too) 45 minutes to reach us! But, that could have something to do with the 5 minute gaps and very, very slow moving old, boring cars! (Not much of a fan of boring, long, hot parades!) But, Meg did great, although the annoying sophomore on the end of her row made them all look bad by being out of step and too far ahead of the other three girls.


Saturday evening was spent with my cousin (and one of my VERY BEST FRIENDS), Mandy and her mom (Aunt Khris). Mandy became engaged at the beginning of the year and decided it was time to find the PERFECT dress as she has set her wedding date to May 2010. After trying on who knows how many dresses, in countless styles and shapes, I believe she has found the perfect dress! It captures everything that is Mandy… her grace, poise, personality and to top it off… she is going to look like a model on the happiest day of her life! Michael, eat your heart out! ;)
Sunday afternoon an impromptu party of sorts broke out at my great aunt and uncle’s house. Their daughter, her husband and their little girl (11 months) are home visiting for a couple weeks. They are missionaries for their church, living across the Atlantic in a country I can’t remember. The day turned out to be perfect for a party… there were family members everywhere, tons of food to eat, many stories to swap and a handful of little kids/babies to play with and take pictures of. When things started winding down, my older cousin took me for a ride on his motorcycle around the “large block”. It was a blast… hair blowing out behind me, wind on my face and the closest thing you will come to “flying” on the ground. It reminded me of motorcycle scenes in books and movies: “…it was just me, my bike, the wind in my face and hair, with only the open road stretched out in front of me…” Driving home from the party was just as much fun (okay maybe more) as being there as I got to drive my grandfather’s big, red truck! I don’t know why I love it so much, it must be my “country girl” coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment