Sunday, May 17, 2009

M.I.A. in the month of May

Hey everyone.... I'm back! The first half of May has been crazy, but I'll work backwards with pictures so you know what has been going on in my life lately. On Saturday, my youngest sister Macayla had her first home softball game of the season... they won 17 - 7! She plays 3rd base and is amazing. She had a game this afternoon and hit a triple! Also, if you look close at her socks, you will notice the green blobs are FROGS!




Last Sunday was Mother's Day. My sisters and I surprised our mom good this year. We made her a huge sign that had three words for mom because we each call her something different, it was hanging on the sliding glass doors when she went downstairs that morning. On the table we had a picture of each of us in black and white with only our blue eyes in color. (Those pictures are now on her desk at work!) But the best gift of all was the collage post we made with 30 different pictures of her and us over the years. It really is amazing... across the top is a quote I found by Abraham Lincoln about his own mother. It is now framed and hanging in her room.


The first Saturday in May, I was invited by one of my best friends to attend his Senior Prom. It was kind of strange going to Prom as a graduate, but it was fine because there were three other people from my graduating class and a random 25 year old... so I wasn't the oldest guest, thank goodness! But, Prom was a blast... I had so much fun dancing the night away with a great friend. However, we both decided that the DJ did not play enough of a variety of music. (He didn't even play the Graduation song for the Seniors!) I had more fun than I thought I would and I am so glad that he asked me to go. I wouldn't trade the memories of that night for anything. He's such a sweet guy and was the perfect gentleman all night. I'm honored that he wanted to share that special night with me.




So, I think that covers the first couple weeks of May... hopefully with the semester over and Summer here I will be better at posting! (But I'm not making any promises!) ;)

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift for you mom! I bet she is treasuring all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete